Post by Morana on Oct 8, 2017 16:42:46 GMT
(okay, so, quick story time: i wrote her entire history and had several hefty paragraphs that took 2 hours to write, and then my connection to the website suddenly went and i lost all of it -.-' so, i'm gonna come back and rewrite it, but for now, it's gonna be chicken scratch notes highlighting just the key events)
Pack • none
Power • Ice Bolt Projectile
Age • 4 years
Rank • Loner
Gender • Female (she/her)
Sexuality • Demi-hetero flux (only finds someone attractive one a bond if formed; primarily interested in males but could go for a female if the right one came along)
Height and Weight • 78 cm; 68 lbs
Identifying Features • brown/cream/ white/silver agouti fur - pale blue green eyes - no visible scars - long, narrow features
Overall Appearance • Morana is perhaps one of the tallest females out there, yet is surprisingly light weight. She is not just large per say, more so just tall, for her form is quite slim. She has long, slender legs, a narrow and tapered body, giving her a smooth and graceful gait, and relatively even fur length so she doesn't really appear to be fluffier or "larger" in any areas. She has a long, pointed muzzle, narrow and angular facial feature, and an overall elegant and feminine appearance, though she isn't jaw-droppingly attractive. Of all physical qualities, her strengths probably lie in speed and agility, and her largest weakness would be strength, since her fragile, lightweight form isn't very difficult to overpower. Morana's eyes are a peculiar shade, often appearing as a very pale gray, when in actuality there are hints of green and blue in her eyes, suggesting they are just a very light shade of turquoise. Due to their pale shade, she is light sensitive and prefers being in darkness. When in direct light, she is frequently found bowing her head and/or squinting.
Likes • alone time - darkness - winter - doing things her way - pups - elders - innocent/kind wolves - helping others
Dislikes • tyrants - unnecessary violence - judgmental wolves - being ordered to do something - being doubted/put down - discussing her history
Strengths • patience - empathy - intelligence - self-sufficient
Weaknesses • prideful - stubborn - fiercely independent - critical of self and others
Dreams • to find a good balance between letting others in and being independent - to master a trade (hunting, fighting, etc.) - to have a family
Fears • becoming a tyrant - doing the wrong thing/hurting someone
Overall Personality • Morana is generally a rather calm and easy going wolf. After living a life so full of chaos and tension, most situations that an average wolf would consider "stressful" are, to her, mildly annoying at worst. She's used to being the calm in the storm, so it takes a lot to reach the end of her patience. The only things that might immediately push her into some snappy responses are the mistreatment of others (especially those she cares about) and being outright attacked for foolish reasons. Even then, she's usually one to give a firm, assertive warning before escalating any further (unless her life is on the line and she has not choice but to fight someone).
Speaking of which, she considers herself something of a pacifist. Violence is to be used only a last resort in her book. Once again, this is due to her having grown up around extremes that have made her want to find any and all alternatives. She'll fight if she has to defend herself, and believes that sometimes murder is the only option, but she'll sooner run from a fight than mutilate someone's body, just because they "insulted her" or whatever the reason was. Even if she gets attacked first or is in the process of defending herself, she'll usually try to talk them out of it if she can, and if not, then as aforementioned, she'd probably rather run than hurt someone.
It definitely helps that she is pretty smart and has quite the way with words. After years of defusing situations, she often know's just what to say to invoke certain reactions out of someone, usually the good reactions. She know's how to put things delicately and how to speak in such a away that makes her position clear, but doesn't outright put down or insult the other wolf - assertive is what they call it. Such a silver tongue has been key to staying a pacifist. As for what else her intelligence can do, she is very adept at learning new things and has a healthy curiosity for the world around her. She loves to teach herself things and to learn the stories of those around her, if not only because she's curious, but because learning about someone else usually keeps her from having to share her own story, which she... isn't immensely proud of.
And yet... she still manages to be proud wolf all the same. It's strange, really. She's ashamed of her past, yet still has a deep rooted sense of self-importance that seems to somehow be genetic, for it certainly didn't come from her adoptive mother's teachings. Morana is generally easy to get along with, but she doesn't tolerate being put down. She may not think herself above someone else, but she certainly won't be put below them either, and as Alpha, she can't really afford to let someone do it either. Now, she has no intention of being an oppressive tyrant like her brother - she does listen to the whims of her pack mates and try to rule fairly, but at the end of the stay, she is still the Alpha, and this much be acknowledged. She absolutely hates being put down by others. In her mind, she's come a long way on her own with little to no support, and she won't have some stranger who's ignorant to that fact tell her she isn't worth anything. She also generally hates being told what to do; she's not a pup, she can figure that much out for her own, thank you very much, and it isn't YOUR place to tell HER to do ANYTHING. As such, all of this pride had made her independent to a fault, not uncommonly refusing help from those who only have the best intentions, and usually putting herself into tricky situations because of it.
Still though, as prideful as she may secretly be, it's still covert. Outwardly and internally, she's quite critical of herself. She works hard to be the best version of herself she can be, never letting herself settle for second best and chewing herself out whenever she discovers a fault. She doesn't think she's perfect; far from it, she works herself to death because she thinks she's anything but. The she-wolf somehow seems convinced that doing this, being over critical of her faults, will keep her firmly aware of what she's doing and keep her from doing the wrong thing - i.e. hurting others. Though she know's deep down that hurting someone else isn't something she can avoid like that, she still tries to ultimately be a good wolf.
Father • unknown | unknown
Mother • Frida | unknown
Littermates • Elias | dead
Important Wolves • Adelia | adoptive mother | dead
Overall History • will be rewritten
- pack's alpha female Adelia takes them in and adopts them, naming them Morana and Elias
- Adelia believes herself to be equal with her pack mates, but the siblings believe they are better than the others
- Elias in particular flaunts his "power" often using it to bully/harass other pups
- Morana silently shadows him and does nothing to stop it
- Adelia scolds Elias for his behavior and teaches him not to behave; he hangs his head and agrees not to do it again, but eventually does
- pack eventually stops caring and lets him do whatever because he's not hurting anyone and they think he'll grow out of it
- Morana keeps him from going too far so he won't get in trouble again
- Adelia is an older, experienced wolf, therefore has a lot to teach the siblings
- Morana starts learning various trades
- Elias acts as a Beta and takes over the pack in Adelia's absence
- Elias commands the wolves to do whatever he wants and gets aggressive when they don't do as he says
- one wolf dares to defy Elias and gets into an argument with him; in a fit of rage, Elias releases an ice blast that kills several wolves, discovering his powers (Morana steps outside to investigate the commotion and witnesses)
- all wolves in the pack now fear Elias because of his unstable, powerful ability
- Adelia passes away towards the end of the year, placing Elias permanently in charge; Morana is made Beta due to being the only wolf he trusts
- the siblings are very close, despite what one might think; Elias trusts his sister and is kindest to her, only rarely snaps at her and immediately apologizes when he does
- no one dares to defy Elias due to his powers
- Elias isn't satisfied with everyone doing as he says; he begins to kill wolves for fun, claiming he's making an example of them
- Morana has been noticing the change in her brother and slowly begins to question if he really is still a good wolf deep down, as she's always believed
- wolves in the pack don't trust Morana anymore than they trust Elias, fearing she's just as bad or that she'll sic her brother on them if they do the wrong thing
- she starts to wonder if her brother only cares for her because she supports him; would he "make an example of her too if she defied him?
- decides to test her theory when a couple of wolves attempt to run from the pack; Elias catches them and tortures them, disabling them so they can't run away again instead of killing them ("that'd just give them what they want, wouldn't it?"); she sees torture as a new low and know's this is the time to confront him
- gets into an argument when him about the situation; Elias ends up getting mad and grabs her by the scruff, violently shaking her around and tossing her to the ground
- once realizing what he's done, he is horrified and immediately starts apologizing and nudging her; she lies and says she's fine, he leaves to go get food while she thinks
- Morana comes to the conclusion that he may love her, but he can't change, and perhaps he doesn't even want to be this way, as shown by his horrified expression when he hurt her; she realizes the only thing she can do to fix this is kill Elias
- within the next month, she spends a lot of time away from camp to plan the assassination and to practice using her powers
- after mastering her ability enough enough to use it effectively, she then waits for the right night to strike
- one night, while Elias is in the den with his eyes closed, she sneaks up on him and kills him, sending a shard through his temple to make it quick
- knowing Elias's death won't be enough to fix the damage he has done, she takes the role as Alpha to try and bring order to Kpyo
- in the morning, she makes the announcement and assures they will no longer be ruled by a tyrant, though some are, understandably, skeptical
Year Four (present)
Alias • Floof or Rin works ^^
Time Zone • EST (Eastern Standard Time)
Other Characters • nup
made by remi of rilla go!